A few weeks ago, in our Bible study series on "Possessing Your Soul" we looked at meekness as a fruit of the Spirit. That particular week was written by Tim Eymann, Bible-study-writer-guy extraordinnare.
I had come across some quotes on meekness which we shared with our group, and wanted to post them here for anyone else interested.
D.L. Moody: "A man can counterfeit love, he can counterfit faith, he can counterfit hope and all the other graces, but it is very difficult to counterfeit humility."
Anonymous: "We'd like to be humble...but what if no one notices?"
George Muller (when asked the secret of his service): "There was a day when I died, utterly died," and as he spoke, he bent lower and lower until he almost touched the floor - "died to George Muller, his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will - died to the world, its approval or censure - died to the approval or blame even of my brethern and friends - and since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God."
Mrs. Otter: I think George Muller has a big mansion in Heaven!
Welcome to a whole new part of the World!
-
Let me welcome you at Open to the World!!
Nowadays thanks to the whole new possibilites and a whole new level of
information technology allowed us to have ...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment